The Louise Bogan Chapter of MSPS and the Lunenburg Library are organizing a public poetry reading April 30, 2012 at the Lunenburg Library at 6:30PM. Come read a poem by one of your favorite poets and tell the audience why the poem is special.
In addition the winners of the 2012 Louise Bogan High School Poetry Contest will be announced.
Here are instructions and criteria for entering the contest:
1. Poem must be 20 lines or shorter.
2. Send two copies: one with your name, address and phone number, and one with
no identification. Poems will not be returned.
3. Poems must be your own work and unpublished.
4. Deadline for submission is April 23.
5. Mail your entry to MaryEllen Letarte, 260 Lancaster Avenue, Lunenburg, MA, or drop it off at the Lunenburg Library, attention Kate McCarron
6. The contest is open to area students in grades 9-12.
The awards will be presented and the winning poems will be read April 30th